Monday 28 March 2011

Big Spring Clean - surprise find

Local resident Paul Bailey with Dave and Pat – they were helped by Brenda Edwards who sadly had to leave before the photos were taken.
 Dave Hockey made a surprising find when helping with the Big Spring Clean at the Village Green on Park Farm, Frampton Cotterell on Saturday. Dave explains, "I spotted some litter scattered on the pavement by the entrance on Beesmoor Road. When I got closer to pick it up and put it into my black sack I realised it was a bright red Britania savings book with a sum of money in it. I hope I can return both safely to the owner."

‘We cleared a lot of rubbish from the village green and pond. Paul Bailey and I had waders on and we managed to clear all of the litter and debris from the pond. But walking in the pond was tricky due to the mud and the water went over Paul’s waders at the deep end - that’s real commitment! I hope local residents (and the ducks in the pond) appreciate our efforts and that they help to keep the area litter free in future."

The team found hundreds of undelivered Observer papers from last September in the hedge around the village green along with lager cans, an umbrella, BBQ stove lid, plastic bottles, wine bottles, plastic bags and food wrappers. In the pond along with the ducks were a Streetcare cone, lengths of broken wooden fencing, a large food caddy, loads of plastic bottles, tin cans and a thong!

No comments: