Thursday 29 January 2015

Post Office - update from Steve Webb

Local MP Steve Webb says:

Re the post office, I hope I can offer some reassurance to those who are undestandably concerned.
As you will have seen, Steve and Sarah no longer want to carry on with the post office at the present premises. In the past this might have meant that the village simply lost its post office. But in the last few years we have been working to make sure that wherever possible new premises are found. In this case, Edwina at NISA has kindly indicated that she would be interested in taking on the post office. I have been working to make sure that Post Office Limited speed things up so that there is as little disruption as possible and I have taken an official of Post Office limited to visit both stores. They have told me that they will be consulting soon on the proposed new location, and when they do I hope that everyone will respond positively and encourage them to get on with approving the transition. Whilst there is a risk of an interim period between the old PO closing and the works being completed at the potential new site, I will press for this to be kept to a minimum. Obviously there would be a need for temporary cover to be put in place if that happened.

No comments: